This is Cuernavaca International Airport, official name “General Mariano Matamoros”, which serves the city of Cuernavaca. Cuernavaca is referred to as “The city of the eternal spring” due to its idyllic weather throughout the year, it is mostly a weekend get away town for people from Mexico City and a favorite spot in central Mexico for destination weddings.
This is the only international airport in the small state of Morelos and was once thought as a plausible alternative for Mexico City international airport which is highly congested, however, no airlines are currently using it so the terminal is practically abandoned.
This airport is now mainly used by schools and for private and executive aviation. There is a general aviation ramp and an FBO. Mexico City airport is closed for general and executive aviation so this would be one of your best options in those cases.
Changed the airport satellite image to match the current layout
Redid runway, taxiways and aprons
Added taxiway signs, lines and markings
Modeled, the tower, terminal, FBO, fire station building and a few other hangars, the rest is default asobo.
Modeled the VOR antenna
Added several objects around the airport
Added gates and parking spots.
Added night lighting to the buildings.
Runway and taxiway lighting according to AIP.
Wind socks and flag are windy things library objects.
Ethnicfs Misc Scenery Objects library (Few objects that you probably won´t notice missing if you don´t have it installed).
Dave´s Crooked library (Also not enough objects to notice).
How to install this mod (Full installation guide)
- Download the mod (ModsHost download guide).
- Find the Community folder on your computer
- Windows – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Steam – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Copy the downloaded file to your Community folder like this: /Community/[MOD FOLDER]/[MOD FILES]
- Launch the game and enjoy your mod!
- Problems? Ask for help!
Share Your Gameplay!
Submit a screenshot of this mod!
Submit a YouTube video. Paste your link and hit Submit.