The Boeing C-17 Globemaster III is a large military transport aircraft. It was developed for the United States Air Force (USAF) from the 1980s to the early 1990s by McDonnell Douglas. The C-17 commonly performs strategic airlift missions, transporting troops and cargo throughout the world; additional roles include tactical airlift, medical evacuation and airdrop duties. The C-17 is operated by the U.S. Air Force, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, NATO Heavy Airlift Wing, and India.
- Delete older versions of this add-on, if any
- Extract the ZIP file Deltasimulations-c17
- Drag the folder named Deltasimulations-c17 directly into the Community folder.
- Restart the sim if it is running
If done properly, the file path should look like this
To Find Your Default Community Folder:
For Steam, it should be located in C:/Users/ [Computer Name]/ AppData/ Local/ Packages/ Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe/ LocalCache/ Packages/ Community
For Windows Store C:/Users/ [Computer Name]/ AppData/ Local/ Packages/ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/ LocalCache/ Packages/ Community
Recent Changelog for 3.3 – MAJOR
Complete overhaul of the aircraft from the ground up.
This update brings this in line with our GitHub branch. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THE LATEST UPDATE FROM GITHUB YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS. We highly recommend using our Github to download and check for updates. We have not updated this page in over a year, so the changelog is quite massive.
Parts Of Note Are:
Complete remake of 3D models
New sound system
New avionics suite
New lighting system
New aural warning system
New fuel/electrical system
Additional cockpit controls
Optimized for lower-end PCs
Autopilot functionality increased
Nav displays not syncing or aligning
Issues with holes in the wing mesh
Inop buttons in the cockpit
Beacon light logic
Xfeed logic, fuel consumption, lift and flap controls
Aero drag adjustments
Reduced reverser power
IRU logic for nav displays
Anti-ice controls and korry lights
New WACAP display, mesh
Basic implementation of spoilerons
Added engine, pitot, and hud covers along with remove before flight tags to the aircraft
Added cones to the aircraft
Fixed missing LAIRCM turret
Complete cockpit texture overhaul
Improved geometry of AFCS panel
Re-made engine control panel, trim gauges
Fixed issues with incorrect readings on engine display
Added flaps percent deployed display
Re-made interactions on AFCS panel
Re-made cockpit watertight seal with exterior
Added jump seats
Tweaked cargo floor textures
Re-made alerting panel geometry
Added GPU model
Improved lower LOD for multiplayer performance
Fixes inop altitude controls with the “Xbox” control mode
… AND MUCH MORE
How to install this mod (Full installation guide)
- Download the mod (ModsHost download guide).
- Find the Community folder on your computer
- Windows – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Steam – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Copy the downloaded file to your Community folder like this: /Community/[MOD FOLDER]/[MOD FILES]
- Launch the game and enjoy your mod!
- Problems? Ask for help!
Share Your Gameplay!
Submit a screenshot of this mod!
Submit a YouTube video. Paste your link and hit Submit.