A powerful member of the short take-off and landing capable Skyhawk family built on a Lycoming 210HP STC:
- The C172 Bush Kit
- The C172 Tail dragger
- The C172 Amphibian
This is a plane patch over Asobo’s Skyhawk and adds a new plane to your hangar (located at the begining: letter C… like Cessna) This mod respects the Game Content Usage Rules from Microsoft.
You Will Find Two Variants To Download:
- baglu-c172-amphib-g1000.zip : to be used with any version of MSFS2020
- baglu-c172-amphib-classic.zip : only if you have the Classic 172 from premium version
- Note with the classic model : some features may not work (the xml files from the original plane are encrypted).
- Current Known Issues :
— fuel selector locked on left side (if you have the bug on the Asobo classic 172 you will have it here too)
3D model modifications of the original Asobo Skyhawk plane included:
- Wipline 2350 floats, with external wires, retractable landing gear.
- Sportsman STOL Camber Cuffs on the wings.
- Increased flaps angle.
- Paddle, Ropes !
Flight Model Modifications Included:
- more power from a STC 210HP 4 cylinders engine
- 4 position flaps (0°, 10°, 20° and down to 40°)
Be gentle when landing on sea (as much as on ground), try not to bounce or you may crash.
Cockpit is now the one from Asobo C172 with floats : so you will find gear lever, and water rudder lever, but only for G1000 version. On classic version, use shortcuts/buttons for gears and water rudder (ctrl+w is the default for water rudders)
Water rudders have to be retracted
Steering on ground should be operated with differential breaking (breaking left or right), but I have not disabled rudder control, so you can still use it.
Several Liveries Are Included With This Plane:
Default livery, blue & gray, I-GNHR, I-GRDX thanks to ANN0V
Wendy thanks to 270INC
Red livery and green livery inspired from real seaplane C172 liveries
Notes To Livery Makers:
- Registration numbers are split in two in panel.cfg : you will be able to set different colors for the wing and the side reg.
- Common parts of the plane have the exact same name as the C172 AS1000 model
- New parts have their textures in AMPHIB172-FLOATS* files
- Stickers are baked in the model, if you want to replace with yours, edit the file : BUSH172_STICKERS_ALBD.PNG You can also remove the stickers with a transparent texture file.
- The front of the wings are the sportsman camber cuff, defined in BUSH172_SPORTSMAN_* files.
EzRyder has made a very nice ALLInOne C172 Template. Don’t miss that paint kit.
Also, don’t miss the blender multi template pack from AIRPAC1
Flight model is based on reaperS73 work on the C172 STC 210HP STOL G1000 and allows to operate in a STOL mode in bush locations.
Where To Sealand:
Well obviously, anywhere! You will find a lot of very nice customized places with seaports, pontoons, marinas. If you have no idea where to start, look at the nice seaports in Alaska made by Photosbykev and sjfly2.
Norway fjords are also a very nice place to fly : See thes multi-parts charter pilot adventures from Koschi: Norway’s fjords part 1,part 2,part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6
About This Work:
3D model has been made with blender from the export of Skyhawk G1000 Asobo’s original model.
All the external textures and animations had to be redone and match the original definitions.
Floats have been modeled from real Wipline (c) models
A huge thanks to Newktv’s developpement series that helped a LOT.
Many thanks to EzRyder who figured it out how to use the classic cockpit MikeFear303 for the classic cockpit xml & systems trick !
Special thanks to 270INC with the Wendy livery.
How to install this mod (Full installation guide)
- Download the mod (ModsHost download guide).
- Find the Community folder on your computer
- Windows – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Steam – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Copy the downloaded file to your Community folder like this: /Community/[MOD FOLDER]/[MOD FILES]
- Launch the game and enjoy your mod!
- Problems? Ask for help!
Share Your Gameplay!
Submit a screenshot of this mod!
Submit a YouTube video. Paste your link and hit Submit.