Repaint of payware Red Wing L-1049G Super Constellation.
This repaint shows Qantas L-1049G named Southern Horizon of the year 1960. Delivered in 1955 as a 1049E, c/n 4581. Converted to 1049G with tip tanks in April 1958, then had a freight door installed in June 1960. Withdrawn from use 1962 and used as a static classroom at Sydney Airport with engines removed.
Back in flying conditions in 1964, aircraft was used as cargo ship for several companies from Miami for service in Middle and South America until Lanzair (Channel Islands) leased it in 1975. Registration was N11SF. In June 1976, during take-off nosewheel tyres broke up in Athens and precautionary landing made at Kuwait in sandstorm. Due to alleged irregularities associated with the flight a heavy fine was imposed on Lanzair. As a result the aircraft was abandoned at Kuwait City Airport. It was reported in 1991 that the aircraft had remained intact and had been used for fire-fighting drills at Ahmad Al Jaber Airbase until the airport was bombed during the 1991 Gulf War. Noted at the airbase in November 2020 in essentially the same condition.
Unzip and move it to your MSFS Community folder. Enjoy!
How to install this mod (Full installation guide)
- Download the mod (ModsHost download guide).
- Find the Community folder on your computer
- Windows – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Steam – C:/Users/[Computer Name]/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Community
- Copy the downloaded file to your Community folder like this: /Community/[MOD FOLDER]/[MOD FILES]
- Launch the game and enjoy your mod!
- Problems? Ask for help!
Share Your Gameplay!
Submit a screenshot of this mod!
Submit a YouTube video. Paste your link and hit Submit.